Forms – property and taxes

Below are several forms commonly needed by citizens for their property.

Most (but not all) of these forms can be filled on your computer and then printed off with your information!


To be used to apply for an exemption of property taxes for real property used and owned as a homestead by a disabled veteran, complete Form 5107 – State Tax Commission Affidavit for Disabled Veterans Exemption.

Homestead Exemptions

To receive a homestead exemption, complete Form 2368 – Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) Affidavit.

If you’re moving and need to change your homestead, complete Form 2602 – Request to Rescind Principal Residence Exemption (PRE).

To conditionally rescind your Personal Residence Exception, complete Form 4640 – Conditional Rescission of Principal Residence Exemption (PRE).

Other property forms

If you are transferring real estate, complete Form 2766 – Property Transfer Affidavit.

To receive an agricultural exemption, complete Form 2599 – Claim for Farmland (Qualified Agricultural) Exemption from Some School Operating Taxes.

To claim that a transfer of property is not a statutory transfer of ownership because the property will continue to be qualified agricultural property, complete Form 3676 – Affidavit Attesting that Qualified Agricultural Property Shall Remain Qualified Agricultural Property.

To claim a small business tax exemption, complete Form 5076 – Affidavit to Claim Small Business Tax Exemption Under MCL 211.9o.

To request a “split” of your property, complete the Parcel Division Application.